Daaaamn mija it’s been a while!
We've missed you since our last conference. You can’t even imagine how excited we are for this year’s celebration! Like all good things, this has taken a lot of time to build. We wanted to make this a tradition and keep the concept of the New Age Latina as the focus. We’ll do lots of fun video and social media breakdown of what this is all about, but if you’re a reader like me and don’t have time to be on the gram this will be more convenient for you. We get asked quite a bit who we are and what we do. We are whatever YOU want it to be. There is something for everyone. Our main goal is to help you pursue whatever it is you’ve been sitting on for days, weeks, months and sometimes years. If we help support one another we elevate our community, we educate our community and we have a lot of fun while doing it. We have a “Si Se Puede” mentality.
WHY A CONFERENCE
- The more women we meet, the more we realize how similar our story is. The New Age Latina is a woman who is trying to stay true to her culture/values but is also more progressive and has more opportunities than Latinas in the past. We are having real and difficult discussions of what it’s like to be stuck in the middle of a traditional culture with high expectations in an ever-changing modern world. It all starts like this, “I want to be a dancer/singer/artist/writer/entrepreneur/ect. But my family wanted/expected me to do XYZ” or you feel misunderstood, underrepresented or have imposter syndrome once you do take the leap and listen to your corazon.
- FEAR of the unknown holds us back. If we do decide to pursue our passion it is terrifying, and we don’t always know how or where to start. Going to professional conferences or events can be intimidating. We wanted to create a fun, light hearted and safe space for people to get the experience. It doesn’t matter if you’re a stay at home mom or a super successful business owner. This is for everyone. It’s for your mom, your sisters, your cousin, your abuelita. It’s something we can all enjoy and celebrate together. It’s not a stuffy event. We want you to come as you are!
- Grow your Mami tribe! It’s time to build relationships. Whoever said you don’t need a girl gang or support is a mentirosa to the max! We need each other. There is no competition, there is only community. We can learn so much from each other by being open and learning how to resolve conflict. Being a girl’s girl is hard! But it is worth the effort. Plus, there are so many women doing DOPE things and we have no idea about it. We want to give women in the community a PLATFORM. This is your stage chica.
- WE NEED TO CELEBRATE EACH OTHER! We need the positivity, motivation and inspiration. My nana says we are living in the end times girl lol. But seriously, the world is a crazy place full of negativity. We need a moment to be selfish, to give ourselves an opportunity to grow and heal. We need a day to join and spread that positive energy!
WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE
- Speaker Sessions
-Overcoming Financial Obstacles (with little to no money)
-Humble, But Worthy
-Pursue Your Passion
The most exciting part about the speaking sessions is that we purposefully find incredible Latinas in our community that we want to push to the forefront. We don’t look for people who have a million followers or just carry a name. We intentionally find women who don’t get the recognition they deserve for being the inspirational mujeres that they are and the impact they make on a daily basis. Idk about you, but that’s the kind of jam I want to support.
In between our speaker sessions we are having performances from local entertainers. We’re not stuffy, remember? This is a celebration! We want you to get up, dance and have fun. We want to highlight our culture in creative ways and allow our performers to share THEIR passion!
- Networking/Cocktail Hour
-Local Vendor Shopping
We want to help support our local Latina entrepreneurs! We also selfishly like to shop. And get a drink at the same time? Que suave, no? It’s a little after pari.
- September 16th
- Wild Horse Pass Casino in the Showroom
- Tickets go on sale THIS Friday @10am. We’ll post the link!
- General Admission Tickets- Open seating!
- VIP Tickets- Limited tickets, reserved seating, includes goody bag with swag!
If you went to last year’s event, please feel free to comment on this post with your experience! If you have any other questions also drop it below. Te queremos! We can’t wait to see you there.